Hawaii SEO – 5 Things to Do After You Publish a Blog Post
Now that the BEFORE part is done, let’s discuss on what to do after publishing your blog post.
1. ADVERTISE YOUR BLOG POSTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
Posting is only a small part of the blogging process. If you are not familiar with 80-20 rule in blogging, let me tell you about it. Ideally, you will devote 20 percent of your time writing your articles, and the remaining 80 percent will be spent in promoting it.
After publish, the post will not advertise itself. So, it your job to expose it to as many people as your can. This is where social media will play a crucial role! Remember, share your blog posts on major social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other platforms.
Share as many posts as you can. What I can recommend at this point is to use scheduling tools. For staters, you can use free tools such as Tweetdeck for Twitter. For your Facebook business accounts, you can schedule posts ahead of time on your Facebook Page.
Posting about it in different platforms will widen its reach. For some people, it can be overwhelming to check on various social media accounts from time to time. If you want to automate postings, you can also try tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer, and many others.
2. FIND YOUR TRIBE!
The first step is to post on several sites to expose and promote your posts. However, if you have already determine where your audience resides, then it is best to focus on that.
For instance, you run a design website so naturally your posts will have more photos as design ideas. You would promote your works well on Instagram and Pinterest. For these platforms, you can use Planoly and Tailwind in visually planning your feed.
Since you know that you get more interactions and engagements on these sites, don’t hesitate to repost popular posts again or promote other posts that need more exposure. Basically, just rinse and repeat until the post gets promoted to as much people!
3. TAKE TIME TO INTERACT WITH YOUR AUDIENCE.
Social media is not just a one way street. You should not focus on having a unilateral communication, but be ready to answer when someone sends questions. Reply when you get comment because this encourages more engagements!
Moreover, you can’t build a relationship with your audience if you are the only one talking. Take time to listen to your audience’s suggestions, and answer their questions. By doing this, you will help trust and confidence among your followers.
4. PROMOTE YOUR POST TO YOUR EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS.
Aside from social media, you can also promote your posts to your email subscribers. In a separate post, I have mentioned the importance of an creating email list. Your email subscribers are your biggest fans so they should be included in the equation.
When publish a new email newsletter, consider informing your subscribers about the latest news and other website updates. Try to summarize your week’s post and tell your tribe about some exciting news. More email ideas are posted on Tips in Growing Your Email List (Part 1)
5. STUDY GOOGLE ANALYTICS.
Lastly, to know what posts work and what posts do not, you have to use Google Analytics. Studying the analytics of your website will help you understand your reader’s preferences. You can then publish more of what they like and less of what they don’t like.
If you have noticed a post which is not performing well, you can try promoting it more than the others. If this does not work, you can try changing the title or changing the featured image.