In the my last post, I talked about Email List and Why You Should Build One ASAP! In fact, many experts today regretted not making an email list early on. It will be a huge mistake if you don’t act on it right away.
I just hope that you have read the importance of building an email list. Any business that wants to thrive in the online world should start an email list… but how?
What Do You Need to Start with Your Own Email List?
Basically, you need 3 things in order to build a long list:
- Your website
- Contact forms – There are free contact forms compatible with WordPress websites, which I will discuss on a separate post.
- An email service – Will discuss this below!
Given that you already have a website, you can begin with finding the ideal email marketing service that suits your needs.
If you don’t have a website yet, there are platforms like WordPress, Wix, Weebly, and many others. Most of the website builders out there are free. However, WordPress is the most commonly used website platform.
Find the Email Marketing Service for You
For beginners, they often opt to use a free service. It is understandable since the website is fairly new so choosing a free email marketing will help them cut costs. However, it may have some downside.
Disadvantages of free email marketing:
- Sadly, most of the free services require you to publish a post first. Then, you can send a newsletter informing your email subscribers about your website update. Thus, there’s no way of sending private email newsletters.
- If ever you can send one, the next problem is that you won’t be able to customize these email messages. Most of the time, emails will follow the same format. No unique branding can be applied!
- With that being said, you cannot group your email subscribers depending on their hobbies, interests, demographics, and other preferences.
- On free accounts, there will be no reports. Thus, you can’t monitor the progress of your email campaigns. More or less, you won’t be able to verify how many people got your email, how many percent of users viewed it, and how many clicked.
Aside from your website platform and web host, you should definitely invest on getting a professional email marketing service. You may have to pay for it, but you will surely gain something in return.
Advantages of using a professional email marketing:
- First, you can now personalize your emails. You can tell your subscribers anything and send it at any time of the day!
- Next, you get to track the activity of your email subscribers. Did they read your email? Have they click the links you added?
- You have free reign on everything. So, you can experiment on the subject line and the content of your email newsletter.
- Plus, there will be reporting tools now. Therefore, you can see the country of origin of your email subscribers. You can then update the time and date preferences. This ensures that you get to send the right emails at the right time.
On my next post, I will compile a list of email marketing services that you can use for website. The list will include the features and the price of each item… AND I will also mention a FREE service that is ideal for new websites!