When you run out of blog post ideas, blogging starts to feel like a chore. However, it shouldn’t feel like a chore at all but reality is, we go through writing slumps. There are days where we just can’t write anything.
To help you overcome or avoid that reading slump, I have some tips for you. Hopefully these tips will help you in brainstorming and inspire you to start writing more content.
Tip 1: Just write.
Try not to overthink. Don’t worry about whether it’s a good topic or not. You can just write down everything you think of and start writing. Later on, you can exclude those topics that aren’t so great after all.
WHERE TO GET INSPIRATION:
Google Analytics – You can see your popular posts with the help of Google Analytics. After seeing which of your posts are popular, you should think of more ways on how to expand those posts with additional information.
Pinterest – To generate more ideas/inspiration, you can also use Pinterest. Through Pinterest, you can see what’s trending. Try to look through those posts and see if it inspires you. For additional inspiration, you can also type a few keywords into the search bar.
Tip 2: Make time for a brainstorming session.
Growing a blog takes time and effort so you need to be able to produce new content regularly. This is why you need to set a specific time for you to have an effective brainstorming session.
For example, if you share the house with a lot of people, make sure to schedule your brainstorming session during a time when they’re out. Make sure you have an interrupted environment. Planning ahead will help your blog in terms of growth and success.
Tip 3: Ask yourself these ten questions.
If you already did the two previous tips but you still haven’t come up with anything. You can try to ask yourself the following questions:
- Are there any old posts I can expound, update, or do a follow-up on?
- Do I have certain areas of expertise that I can teach my readers about?
- What types of how-to posts or tutorials would be beneficial for my audience?
- Have I reached some milestones in your blogging journey or life in general?
- Do I have a free printable or resource I could share with your readers?
- What interesting stories or experiences from my life can I share with my readers?
- What are the things I have learned through blogging or professional journey?
- Are there products I use regularly and love that I could review or promote on my blog?
- Is there a big project I’ve been working on that I could feature in a blog series?
- Can I do a survey for my audience?
After asking yourself all those questions, try to jot down everything that comes to you. This will enable you to think and come up with several fresh ideas. If, by any chance, you still don’t have anything to write about, you can refer to Amazing Content Ideas for Your Blog! You can always read Essential Writing Tips For Blogging. Try to look at things at a different perspective and you’ll be good to go.